Friday, April 27, 2007

Observe this

The past two days have been a funny/ annoying haze.

This morning I got dressed for casual Friday, thought I looked cute. Getting into the mirrored elevator at work I see.....my deluxe muffin top. Apparently I should have said no to the bagel this morning....doh!

Yesterday I spoke with a man in the hallway who I have said "hi" to maybe three times. The exchange went as follows:

Me: Hi
Him: Hello there
Me: Didn't I see you at the lacrosse game (my brother plays)
Him: Um, yeah
Me: Does your son play?
Him: No, I just like young boys (evil smile)
Me: Awesome
Him: Sweet
Me: (quickly take the stairs instead of being trapped in elevator with creepy Caucasian man)

While driving to work yesterday I saw two things: lady with leather driving gloves and a plumbing truck with a sign that said "blah, blah, blah, pypes"?!?

Ok, lets address go go speed racer driving lady. This was funny for a couple reasons. This first is that she was driving a Kia SUV. As a former owner of a super Kia I know there is nothing particularly speedy about those cars. Secondly,we live in Miami, it is hot, leather gloves!!???!!! Thirdly, maybe she was driving two miles an hour. I don't know, maybe you had to be there, but it was funny! As a side note, this is actually the third driver I have seen with speed racer gloves. I think the heat fries peoples brains (but that is a whole other post).

Plumbing truck, with a misspelling. Typos make me nutters (yes I know I have them on here all the time as I was so nicely told by my editor friend...WHATEVR), particularly when they are in the public eye. Maybe pypes is some sort of plumbing tool? Maybe not, it made me laugh....I think I need to get out more.

No comments: