Friday, July 27, 2007

It's on like Donkey Kong

I've done it. I have joined a gym.

I have been avoiding this topic like the plague. It has been the "elephant in the room"....and frankly I am tired of being that elephant.

I am caffeinated and feeling crack headed (baby has a cold= mommy gets no sleep) so I'm laying most of my cards on the table.

I gained 75lbs with my pregnancy. To clarify for some of you:

-I only had one baby
-It was 10 months ago
-I could still wear my maternity clothes if I let myself
-I was this heavy a couple years ago but went through great lengths to lose all the weight
-I totally let myself go while pregnant and reverted to all my bad habits, didn't exercise etc.
-I loved that for the first time in my life people were encouraging me to eat instead of giving the "are you really going to eat that??" stare down....so duh I ate it!

I am miserable at this weight. After having tasted the healthy, athletic, self control happy life, I am bitter to be back in this place. I won't buy clothing or spend any money on myself because I don't want to stay this way. So basically for months I have been restricted to about 3 pairs of pants and a couple shirts. It is not pretty people.

I am not focused on a particular weight or size. I need to be healthy again. I am literally falling apart with this weight back on. I am a less productive human being like this. I want to glow again.

I know so many of you feel the same way...I read your blogs. We should have a bloggers biggest loser. If you want to participate email me at skyzi(at)aol(dot)com. I have no idea why I wrote it like that but that's how I see other people do it. I also think that there should be monetary incentive. If we can get just 10 people to participate at $20/head that is $200 for the winner. Tell me what would motivate you, how long you think it should last etc.

One additional note: My baby came out totally perfect so I would do it all over again. She was 9lbs, 11oz. I will never gain that kind of weight with any future pregnancy's.

4 comments:

Sizzle said...

kudos to you for recognizing what isn't working for you and taking that first step in saying it aloud. i know how hard that is. truly. i was thin once and the weight i gained back did a number on my psyche. i was so angry at myself for not prioritizing my health. it wasn't just about looks but more about how i felt about me, inside.

i hope this journey helps you find that place in you.

go you!

amber, theambershow said...

Hey good for you! I'll be looking forward to hearing your progress.

People write their email addresses like that because there are spammers (computerized spam-bots) called "spiders", I believe, that scour web pages looking for email address. writing your email address as words makes them skip right over it.

Amy said...

Yeah. I'm there! And for the record...my 'baby' will be 2 next month. As in "I have been this fat obese digusting cow for TWO WHOLE YEARS"! So you're doing a lot better than I am.

Maureen Fitzgerald said...

I win! My "baby" just turned three and I'm finally getting serious about getting back into shape.