Thursday, February 14, 2008

The best gift evah

Two years ago today I saw my daughters heart beat for the first time. It was my first ultrasound and even though I had a technician shoving that damn wand up my crotch, the moment I heard that sounds and saw that little peanut bopping around I was hooked. That is the only occassion in my adult life where I spontaneously started crying. I didn't expect it, couldn't contain it, but it was amazing.

To go from one minute of understanding that I was pregnant to actually seeing something.....it's really mind blowing. Today as we opened gifts from the Grandparents and I saw those little toes and fingers moving around and that smile, all I could think is tham I'm so lucky to have this little girl as my one true Valentine.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. I hope you feel the love today and take a moment to take it in.

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

what a special memory!

happy valentines day to you and your valentine. :)