Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Anecdotes from the gym

I am terribly unattractive when I run, walk, eliptacize(??). My mouth goes up and down exposing varying degrees of teeth. I now understand why I have never dated someone from the gym....that and the fact that historically I have always gone to women's gyms....

* * * *

I like it when the trainers milling around the gym tell me "good job".

* * * *

I am so sick of my play list on my scandisk.

* * * *

I have lost 3 lbs. in two weeks. For the first time in almost 2 years I saw the scale go down....it ROCKS! Before baby it would have taken me 10-20 lbs. to feel this good. Now I'm learning to celebrate the small victories.

* * * *

I eat a lot better now that I understand how friggin long it takes to burn 400 calories.

* * * *

I don't care how thin I get, I will never wear spandex pants. I admire the women at the gym who are able to rock the spandex.....they are the few, the proud (not the marines) who can actually wear it. It also helps that they have enormous breasts to distract the general public.

* * * *

I do not enjoy people who are very noisy when they work out. I get it, you lift weights, stop puffing all over the place.

* * * *

Why am I the only person who gets incredibly sweaty?

* * * *

Overheard: "Last week I couldn't even get off the toilet my legs hurt so much".

I feel her pain, I couldn't lift my arms to fix my hair. Typing this post is almost too hard......almost.

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

i have to mix up my play list a lot because i get bored and when i get bored, i don't want to work out as hard. good tunes = good work out.

good for you!!