Tuesday, June 19, 2007

They say it's your birthday

So it's my b-day today. No big plans, no I do not feel different. I remember my birthday last year, it was the first year where I was blue on my birthday. I was in a really fowl mood actually.....it could be the fact that it was the heart of summer and I was very pregnant but whatever. Last year was the first time that I couldn't party like a rock star in honor of my birth but this year with my daughter now here everything is different.

I waited for her to wake up and we celebrated mommy's birthday on the floor in her room. Tonight we will have a quiet family dinner complete with desert and it will be perfect. I have everything I need, no crazy gifts required. When my husband asked what I wanted I told him a bookshelf....to me a perfect gift. I frequently get caught up in life's BS. Today is a perfect day to think of all the things that I have yet to accomplish and all the things that I have already done.

Do you have any birthday traditions?

4 comments:

Sizzle said...

sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. partying can be overrated. seriously! or maybe i am just showing my age. ;)

every birthday my friends do this thing where they go around the table and say why they love me and i tell them why i love them. it's warm and fuzzy and i love it.

Sizzle said...

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Emily said...

lots of love to you from me. happy birthday :)

Mrs. Flinger said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! :-)